First of all, California was amazing. We loved the energy, the food, and the Santa Monica Pier.
We met a lot great people and learned more about the companies they represent. We visited every booth at the event, most of them several times. We are a startup, so I chose to stick to the expo only pass at this event. As our business matures, we will likely attend the workshops as well.
What types of businesses did we see?
- CBD only businesses had a huge presence at the show. This segment of the market has the most mainstream support.
- Equipment manufacturers - Extraction, automation, and grow equipment.
- Ancillary services - CPA's, attorneys, digital marketing, Insurance, CRM, etc...
- Industry associations - Advocacy and Industry Certification groups
- MIP's - Edibles and topicals
- Packaging Companies
- Vape Pen/Cartridge manufacturers
Our mission is to Connect Sales Talent with Opportunities in Cannabis.
Many of our candidates come from a background outside of Cannabis and are looking for a growing industry. I met a candidate in Pharmaceutical sales at the event. She was concerned about her industry's consolidation and contraction. If you're looking for a career that will give you a high income, flexibility, and a sense of purpose, Cannabis might be a great fit.